“FIA recommend changes to GP start times following Jules Bianchi’s crash in Japan”
Following recommendations by the FIA 5 of the 2015 Grand Prix will start an hour earlier than previous GP’s. The recommendation come after Jules Bianchi’s crash at the Japanese Grand Prix last October. The new advice will stop races staring within 4 hours of dusk or sunset to avoid falling light.
The following race will all start 1 hour early..
- Australian at Albert Park in March 2015
- Malaysia at Sepang International Circuit in March 2015
- China at Shanghai International Circuit in April 2015
- Japan at Suzuka in October 2015.
- Russia at Sochi International Street Circuit in October 2015
The changes announced by the FIA will not affect the night races at Singapore, Abu Dhabi and Bahrain.