- Monday | February 27, 2017 to Thursday | March 9, 2017
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Camino Mas Moreneta, 08160 Montmeló, Barcelona, Spain
- +34 935 71 97 00
Winter Testing for the 2017 proved very popular due to changes to tyres and aerodynamics making a big change to the 2016 cars.
The 2018 F1 Season is expected at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya for 8 days across 2 weeks in late February and early March. Dates are yet to be confirmed.
Testing in 2017 was held over two sessions..
Session 1 – 27th February to 2nd March 2017
Session 2 – 7th to 10th March 2017
F1 Winter Testing 2018 Tickets
General Admission tickets for testing can be purchased online from a number of re-sellers. As soon as tickets are on sale we will provides links to the best offers.
F1 testing tickets for 2018 were very well priced at just €18.00 for standard general admission entry, while general admission with a guided tour are €50.00.
Tickets with tour include..
> Tour of briefing room, pre podium, podium, vídeo, paddock.
> Tour around the service road next to the tracks.
Access to the Main Grandstand, Grandstands F, G, H, and I, before and after the tour.
Circuit Access – Gate 3.
Departure from the Circuit Shop.
F1 Testing 2018 Hospitality Packages
Pit lane Hospitality is the perfect way to get up close and personal with Formula 1 at a fraction of the cost to VIP race day package. The excellent facilities at the Circuit de Catalunya allow you to sit above the pit garages along the main start/finish straight.
F1 Test Day Hospitality Package includes..
– Access to Pit Lane Hospitality suite
– Reserved Car Parking in center of circuit
– Lunchtime Pit Lane Walkabout (TBC)
– Paddock Tour – a conducted tour of the F1 Paddock
– Conducted minibus tour of Circuit using inner service road
– Continental Breakfast, Buffet Luncheon and afternoon Pastries
– Coffee and refreshments all day
– Open Bar with local wines , beers and soft drinks
– CCTV and timing monitors
There are a number of companies running Hospitality packages for testing. Prices start from approximately £200 per person per day. If this is of interest please send us an email and we’ll help find the best package for your trip.
Additional arrangement for travel and hotel bookings can be made on request.
Or how about enjoying some VIP treatment with one of the teams?
Red Bull Racing Hospitality Experience..
– Full Day Team Hospitality
– Arrival from 10:00 and depart at 17:00
– Access to the Red Bull Racing Team Hospitality area located within the Formula 1 Paddock.
– Complimentary refreshments served throughout the day
– Inclusive buffet lunch with hospitality service
– Formula 1 Paddock Access all day
– Viewing from selected grandstands around the track and rooftop buildings
– Guided Red Bull Racing Garage Tour and Pit Lane Viewing F1 explained sessions
– Driver signing sessions
– Pit Lane Walk opportunity Subject to circuit availability
– Team personnel available all day to answer any of your burning questions
– Red Bull Racing Team Gift Bag
– Parking at the circuit (if required)
Prices – TBC
Mercedes AMG Petronas
In 2017 Mercedes provided a limited number of places with the Mercedes team on the second week of testing. We will check if this is available for 2018..
Access to the Mercedes AMG Petronas paddock hospitality suite,
Full catering and refreshments
Photo opportunities with team drivers
Access to the team garage at scheduled times
Price – TBC
Sahara Force India
Force India have been providing Hospitality packages to their fans for a number of seasons.
F1 Paddock Access
3 Course lunch with beer and wine
Behind the scenes garage tour
Garage and pit lane viewing access
Driver autograph opportunities
Sahara Force India gift bag
Price – TBC
Click here to send a request if you’re interested in getting a behind the scene view of what goes on during testing.
F1 Testing Pictures
These are some of the shots we managed to get from past testing at Barcelona. As you can see Ferrari were keen to hide the car from prying eyes!
F1 car changes for 2018
We saw a number of changes for the 2017 season and with the appointment of Ross Brawn many changes are expected for 2018
Driver line-up up for F1 testing ..
Drivers are normally named in the week prior to racing. With only 1 car per team out the teams choose to either split alternative days for drivers. However in 2017 Mercedes, Renault, Williams and Force India split the drivers into morning and afternoon sessions.
Car launch dates..
2018 cars are expected to be launched in early 2017 ready for testing.